Important Housing Notice
Sham housing companies are approaching PestWorld 2019 attendees and exhibitors with fraudulent offerings of hotel rooms at significant discounts. Lured by highly attractive rates, exhibitors and attendees fall prey to these imposters losing significant deposits, discovering hidden costs, upfront charges or being bait and switched to hotel rooms they never booked.
Of course, these companies are in no way affiliated with NPMA and/or PestWorld 2019 or the official hotels in San Diego. They troll the internet and association web sites looking for annual events and then gain access to email addresses for direct contact or draw attendees to their web sites posing as your association’s sanctioned housing provider. Do not give them your credit card information.
Orchid Events is the ONLY official housing company for this event and will not contact you directly to make a reservation. Booking through NPMA’s official housing provider, Orchid Events ensures you will be working with a reputable company, that your credit card information is secure, and that you will benefit from all services provided to conference attendees at the official hotels including shuttle transportation to the convention center.
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room reservation for PestWorld 2019 or if they represent themselves as the “PestWorld 2019 housing provider,” please get as much information as you can, then contact Orchid Events at email@example.com or call toll-free 1-833-303-4703.
Why Stay at a Conference Hotel?
NPMA has secured room blocks for attendees and exhibitors at a variety of hotels to meet all tastes and budgets. These participating hotels are providing discounted rates to you based on a guaranteed percentage of attendees staying in these official conference hotels.
When you book your room with Orchid Events you will receive the following benefits:
- Immediate email acknowledgment of your hotel assignment;
- Peace of mind that you have a reservation at an “official” PestWorld 2019 hotel at the discounted rate
- Provided with complimentary access to the internet in your hotel guest room
- Receive important meeting related materials in your hotel room (door drops)
- Protection in the event the hotel has oversold guest rooms
- And much more!
When rooms are booked at hotels that are NOT within our official hotel block and/or you do not use Orchid Events:
- NPMA is exposed to penalties for not fulfilling our room block commitments, by avoiding hotel penalties, NPMA is able to keep show costs down
- NPMA risks our ability to rebook preferred hotels and receive discounted rates
- NPMA risks losing qualification for the amount of space needed at the convention center
- NPMA is unable to assist in the event a reservation can’t be located in the hotel’s system
- NPMA is unable to help protect reservations in the event the hotel “oversells” its room inventory
Please support the NPMA by staying at the official hotels. We think you will find the increased networking opportunities, quality hotel services, and amenities, and provided transportation to be worth it!